And the Academy Award goes to…
Hello darling readers! It is with great pleasure, and surprise, that Earth, Mind & Fire has been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! As a newbie blogger fish swimming in a big pond with bigger bloggers, I am humbled (and a little bit cocky) to be recognised and nominated by the wonderful The Good Limbo. When a few wise owls came together with an aim to create an environment of comfort and support for people suffering with their mental health, The Good Limbo was born, and I would encourage you, darling reader, to give them a visit: https://thegoodlimbo.com
The Mystery Blogger Award was set up Okoto Enigma (such a cool name) to give unrecognised (you, bitch) and talented (not you, bitch) bloggers the limelight they deserve. In a world where the night is dark and full of terrors, showing love and compassion for us little blogger fish allows us all to feel connected. Why not check out her blog for more: https://www.okotoenigmasblog.com
As stated in the rules, which I will list at the bottom of this post (ha, bottom), here are:
Three Facts About Me
- I am a Forensic Science graduate (I’m the female Horatio Caine), and I will be undertaking my Masters degree in September 2019
- Before creating Earth, Mind & Fire, I originally wanted to become a food blogger, however, my bank account said hell no, and in the end, I love blogging about mental health and LGBT+ issues much more!
- I am a huge Lady Gaga fan (proud Little Monster), and have been since the release of “Just Dance” back in 2008. I have found comfort in her music, and it has allowed me to express myself as the confident, weird, wonderful gay you know and love today.
My Best Post
(So many to choose from)
Answers to The Good Limbo’s Questions
The brilliant peeps at The Good Limbo, have me asked five questions as a part of their nomination, so without further ado…
What topic of blog post do you not understand well enough to write yourself but would love to read about?
Since my diagnosis of depression and anxiety, I have been exploring these illnesses in all their glory. I would like to be able to connect with people battling bipolar disorder or an eating disorder, to discover what similarities unite us instead of separate us. However, I have not yet been able to find someone to have this conversation with (ha! loner!).
How easy do you find it to come up with regular, fresh content for your blog?
I find joy in writing about lessons I’ve learnt in my journey through my mental health, but also it can be challenging. It’s easier to write about how I’m feeling in that moment. If I have had a good week though, I take inspiration from others who have found success in blogging. The witticism is all me though (I’ll take a bow here).
If you had a mental health crisis kit what would you put in it?
This is a tough question, as it would change depending on which demon was making themselves a bother. I would try to follow to steps I have outlined in my post “A Few Small Things That Can Make a Bad Day A Bit Better”, so here is a kit based upon my own experiences.
- A reusable water bottle (be environmentally friendly peeps) – to keep hydrated
- A snack – to keep the body fuelled
- A DVD – perhaps an animation to sing-a-long to (my faves are The Prince of Egypt and Anastasia)
- A book
- A candle – preferably scented
If you could one piece of advice to somebody struggling with their mental health, what would it be?
I am a believer in listening to your body and conscience. If you are questioning whether you’re depressed or experiencing anxiety disorder, now is the time to act. Talk to a friend or close family member that would understand. Make a GP appointment, and bring them along if that would make you feel more comfortable. Don’t suffer in silence.
What’s your favourite silly joke?
I’m a sucker for a good dad joke, here is one of my all time favourites:
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said thank you, I said don’t mention it (brilliant).
It is with great honour that I nominate the following for the Mystery Blogger Award:
Five Questions from Me to You
- If you could go back and tell yourself one thing, what would it be?
- When you’re struggling with your mental health, what do you do for self care?
- Why do you blog?
- What have you done in during 2019 that you’re proud of?
- What’s song is your guilty pleasure? (Don’t be shy we all have one)
Mystery Blogger Award Rules
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 â€“ 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Featured Image Credit 📷: Billy Huynh